Tuesday 28 March 2017

Gydee ka baje and my Kushma journey and Dhakani,rice pudding

Story of Kushma in Google and wikipedia is the main interesting theme of my netserfing ,when a farmer like me  grows up in Panchamul areas ,I must visit Trisahid Ma Vi with my di and Kusma and Gyadee baje story are the interesting parts ,you just love areas because you need friends and relatives in life and local level farming is the main aspect of my life.Our ancestors have been living here and gyadee baje has been my favorite,he was very dark in skin and with short tempered and the smoky habit made me sick everyday.I was a fool who loved to listen him,he was deaf and used to make short sample of local mud house as leisure activity and I kept on listening his bakwas everyday.The old lady had been providing us milk to have and we were told to prepared Dhakani there in short time,she was in hurry so her busy schedule compelled me to note down the ingredients of Dhakani ,I started to take a note as mentioned by him.
Dhakani is a sweet snack made from rice. One of the traditional snacks made in Nepal, it is popular for its taste, health benefits and for gratifying hunger. Dhakani is popular all over Nepal, and although maybe known by different names at different places, the taste of it is more or less similar. Dhakani is usually made with Basmati rice, Chandanchur or other types of rice known as masino chamal is Nepal which also helps in enhancing its taste and giving pleasant smell. Making this cuisine is easy and although it takes slightly longer time, the result is worth the effort. But even though it is sweet, it cannot be served as a dessert as it is comparatively heavier due to the presence of rice. 
Anyway she prepared the meal I had there and a boy started describing facts about the bridge there, the huge Kushma-Gyadi catenary suspension footbridge is one of the world’s highest of its type. Crossing 384 feet (117 mtrs) above the Madi River, the trail bridge is also one of Nepal’s longest with a span of 1,128 feet (344 mtrs). I felt he could help to me to reach there and I started following him.The moment I reached  there Gyadee  ka baje gave me  a call to have snapshots there and I tried to search a camera for me.We took some pictures there and returned to home to have light snacks , makai and mohi there and started watching television news about Kushma market .

No comments:

Post a Comment