Monday 8 July 2013

Bed-2


The tone of voice always struck my ear. Those voices are part of life and we try to seek the meaning out of them. Still I am in search of new life which I want to lead. As I am just eighteen and working in an office as an assistant in the market of Lajpat Nagar, I just keep on taking calls and persuade them to buy the products. The engineers beside my chairs keep on reporting me and I make a survey of their work.
I returned to home after nine at evening. After office I go to visit friends and enjoy their company. After having some snacks I come to home .My mother stands outside the door and welcomes me with a sweet smile. Throwing down the bag I began to take a nap.The reminisces of childhood began to appear in my mind as dreams.

There were tea gardens around .I collected “chalta tenga” a type of fruit, and kept in bag. Giri was with me as we both were returning from school .The ladies in tea gardens were plucking tea-leaf and keeping in the bag behind them. I like the way .I always used to enjoy such view; it was really interesting to see such scenario. There was   some rest house like bus stand where those labors used to sit during rainy season. We children used to enjoy our tiffin there .There used to large drums were black tea with salt used to be made and distributed among the laborers. It was really enjoyable to have such tea in a mug they present. The children of those ladies used to sit beside the roads with umbrella and keep on waiting until the mothers get leave. Anyway they were very happy to get such job because company offered house, firewood, rations to them including bonus. And I was happy to be there as part of such community who were so innocent and laborious in nature. The stories of Lokas Uncle used to win my heart.He used to sing the song, which still I remember.

                                 Sajani go Take barho maram lagela
                                Lal sarhi paye jhumur take sajela
                               ( dear I love you,red saree
                                and the ornament jhumur suits you)

Year passed. Many things changed. I began to realize we were in a new land, new culture and we adopt. Though being part of multicultural society we used to have fun, but being part of native culture gives more confidence. We learn about our identity and way of life deeply. Those moments of experiences made me enthuastic in nature.

I remember another lady. She was short in height with dusky skin. Her dim eyes represented her cleverness. She was a girl of sixteen but seemed very furious. She began to shout at me and speak many things. I began to tremble .It was really shocking to see someone speaking against in front you yourself .I beg excuse ,it created a sense of winner in her ,she showed more temperament  .I got afraid and ran away. It was my mistake to reach there but I was unsure of such incident.

Later I came to know more and more about the incident .I tried to show myself as clean but it was unheard. I decided to get back from everything. So I said sorry with humble request and took blame upon me and now I am happy. Sometimes we do well by running away from such confrontation because you can not spoil your time and mind in nonsense arguments.

It was a year later even same thing happened. Also next year same sort of unpleasant incident occurred in life but they gave me more strength to understand the fact that these are very minor things in life and they help us to enter in a new phase of life or towards new experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment