Tuesday 23 July 2013

I am a Bar Dancer.





  



I am Bar Dancer.The media always highlights me. Do you remember me ? Me with beautiful eyes,attractive personality always attracts all the people around me.I am always exaggerated unnecessarily because of my poverty and my poverty has led me here .I also wanted normal life but my poor conditions pushed me in such life.Now ,I want to hear my story dear,because me too a human being,who is made unlistened,unseen,fleshy thing,used ,thrown ,killed,used mercilessly ,even the films like “Talash” represent less me.Am a I less human,am I thing ,can you hear me please,the noisy sound around city eats me day by day ,I get remain as a doll here in the mid of light.You know ,the humanness is also in myself and my story begins this way.

 I had so much economic problems at my house so my family could not support for my education .I began to worry about my sister's study after my SLC. She began to give tuition classes to children and later I joined to boarding schools so that I could have regular incomes to buy books and other materials for her. She could not attend the classes regularly in college, so only in holidays of schools She used to take classes in colleges and  She did join various volunteer groups and began to work with them. Whole day I used to dance to give her to study in schools and at evening time she used to dance give tuition classes.

She tried for various scholarships in colleges and got them they also helped her to buy my books. She completed her intermediate anyhow .She had dreamed of being the educated daughter of my family as my father had always dreamed of. The big family size, the growing necessity of family members always became tackles to my life as there was food scarcity in my family. We used to live in rented house and we had  no money to pay them. The loans made our days more pathetic. There used to arise multiple questions in my mind will I be ever able to fulfill my dream of leading my family  carefully fulfilling their basic needs. I was just two years older from my sisters and always dreamed of giving her good life.So ,that time only twenty thousand rupees used to be my desire every day ,out of which I saved for my sisters specially three hundred rupees for going for college and three hundred   rupees for returning in a month because discounts were made upon students’ identity card and that  she had. The desire to lead a good life with educated image never left her in any situation. My mind, my heart and my eyes seek nothing only one thing that is complete education for my sister .The penniless condition always made me sad .Coming to Mumbai ,I get the job in Dance Bar and  after a hard labor and it helped  me a lot. I did a hard labor and  gave extra time for dancing .It helped a lot to overcome my problems, now I became able to make a good living for my families. 

Even after that I got married and began to work in Mumbai in Bar  because in a way it was my regular income which led me more experiences in my life.I feel happy that I am very confident of my work and always eager to learn something new. There were girls from various corners of India,even Nepalese girls arrive here. My diary not only includes their names ,it has their photos too. There is hot news of closing bars in TV.

Suddenly I got my eyes open and I remember I was dreaming something what I saw in Television News. I realize the voice made me compel to listen her because she is sad and giving interview for my channel. Her sad face made me more eager to know about her. Now this experience has led me to be writer of film here, it is the right platform me because I know the value of writing who give so much space to the girls from different social, economic, ethnic and geographical background and arrive in bar in hope to have better life for themselves.

It has been eight years of closing bars in Mumbai and the demand of opening bar has made me attracted towards it, even high court denied it. The media have been presenting the lamentation of those bar girls and I got engaged to listen them with them closing my diary.






No comments:

Post a Comment