Tuesday 9 July 2013

Me and my experience of childhood



It was tea garden where I got born and spent my childhood. The green leaves of the tea with its huge garden always pulled me towards it. I still remember we used to collect small white flowers of the tea plant even green typed small fruit it consists. Usually due to regular trimming of  the tea plants they  remain short height to produce new leaves after picking. We used to run after the fruits which were planted there in the mid of these gardens.The big Lorries carrying tea leaves from different gardens to factory in order to manufacture.
Assam tea is a black tea named after the region of its production, Assam, in India. Assam tea is manufactured specifically from the plant Camellia sinensis var. assamica (Masters). This tea, most of which is grown at or near sea level, is known for its body, briskness, malty flavor, and strong, bright color. Assam teas, or blends containing Assam, are often sold as "breakfast" teas.
And being a resident in Assam, I came to learn many aspect of its tea –gardens. My father was a worker there and eventually he had to make visits of different tea gardens of same tea company and I used to get the chance to visit these places with him.
The scenario used to be very heart touching. I really miss these gardens where butterflies used to add more beautiful colors to them, even though the whole gardens used to full of red monkeys. We children used to fear with them. Picking mango,chalta and other jungle fruits and flowers were our hobbies and for that after schools we used to roam here and there.
Suddenly I had to migrate somewhere in town area. It was Duliyajan. It is mainly known for its oil related industries, Oil India Limited, one of the country's largest oil and gas companies is headquartered in Duliajan and Assam Gas Company Limited, which carries out business related to natural gas in India, owned by the Government of Assam.
There was a Hindi school which made me compel to study .Previous I had studied in Assamese school because of unavailability of any other language schools. In Duliyajan, I preferred Namghar (A type of temple for Assamese) and most of my break in lunch time used to be spent there. There were beautiful gardens and I really enjoyed it, the large sound of the musical instrument, big statues and greeneries and crowd of the people used to make me happier.
I used to walk alone the street, though I was alone, I like to visit alone to observe the things around me, I really enjoyed the supermarket and its crowd .The systematic arrangements of buildings,markets, railway station gave me always new type of inner happiness to travel there .Later I shifted to Bordubi nearby town after Makum which were alike to Duliyajan.Love these places,their impression. One must visit those places and enjoy the scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment