Monday 15 July 2013

Female foeticide…

 















Female foeticide……

The seasame seeds
The sunflower
The green grass
And spread cereals
Were there



She was dead
Lying beside the bed
Was anybody there, dear?
Was anybody for her?

She was a small baby
Not formed, not got any shape
The dogs were snatching her body
Thrown without mercy.

Red, red blood over her body
Her tiny small fingers raise nothing
In a polythin bag
“Her desire to be born “
Seems finished.

Could she yell for these tortures?
Which are made upon her?
How and why she is thrown
Out and was made garbage.


Her lamentations
Were unheard
Were made shut
Due to sand in her mouth
Added, put, poured
To be silent forever.


The sky is cloudy
The trees are leafless
Even the birds are
Fearful to it
But ……………..

Still traditions
Has covered
You and your space
Do you want to?
Humiliate nature

Please stop the extortion
Please stop the violation
Please stop the killings
You do.


We need silence
We need peace
We need equality
We need care
We need identity
Because we are dead
Thrown in bag with
No identity
Don’t we need justice?

Please answer me for my helplessness
For the lamentations I consist in my heart
Please answer for my motherhood
Which I had right in future
Please answer me now.

They say
Aborted foetuses were very often fed to dogs.
Doctors, whose aim is to save the lives of people?
Happily kill us
Is it true, please answer me now.

They say
The girls are treated as sex objects
Are being sold for low-priced funds
Unreported.
 Unexamined.Ignored.

They say
With the advent of technology
Determination and sex selective abortion
Are the ways of killings?
Is it true, please answer me now?

Please answer me now for
One million girls
who do not see their first birthdays. 
Of the 12 million girls born in India,

Please answer me now for
10 million female fetuses
Who have been aborted in the country?
Over the past two decades.


Please answer me now for the news reports
Incidences where women
Get their female child aborted for Rs 2000.
 Happily kill the foetus for a meager two thousand.








No comments:

Post a Comment