Thursday 12 January 2017

Story of Bankukhuro or Kalij

Kukhuree kaa
Basee Bhat Khaa
Khoi Mero Basee Bhat 
Biralole Khayo 
Khoi Biralo 
Muso Marna Gayo

The rhyme was orally sang by a boy in youtube ,I saw my child reciting same,Swasthani festival has begun as uttarayan festivals are part of our life as maghi,makarsakranti,lohree or swasthani i just jot down the words in a sequence as if my mind become a library or dictionary to link the ideas when we gather the terminologies our memories with selfies and pictures help to prepare movies.Whole night I kept on thinking about the dream as if anyone called me at the gate before the bell rings at twelve o clock,I just switch on the lights and slept being cheerfully as if light has the power to overcome all the surrows of life.

Anyways Story of road development to Brhamakhel village started publishing in news media,I had a chat talk with my friend and he was agreed about the roadmap he read in news.Anyway people started sharing started news about lohree,maghi,makarsakranti and swasthani and I also whole night did surfing about Swasthani festivals ,talk with parents about the same festival and read about news references in the recent published news carefully and sort out the terminologies as memory.

Again the term selfi and stories of selfi and insertion of selfie in dictionary in 2013 and lyrics about selfie the term began as storm in my mind.I tried to serf the term and the stories were many and then I saw a plastic shaped Kalij in my child hand ,it was gifted a by a beautiful lady from Denmark who gave to my child and my memory linked me with a story of Kusma market,where my some cousins started lecturing about Bankukhuro or Kalij .

They were five at home ,I was preparing the meals nears firewood ,it was house made of red mud and khaparha and I was sitting nearby where my sis was distributing warm buffalo milk to everyone which we divided to everyone and the taste of buttery milk was owesome .We started conversation of Bankukukhuro ,Kalij or the local hen found in forest ,they started discussing about the flavor of the same wild cock.

The search of local food  and cuisine in rural areas is the main part of our life ,we always ran with grandmom for lapsee,bhogate,amilo or lime,timmur,chiraito ,bhatmas and local gundruk and the flower used for pickle was also important part,the taste of bamboo pickle,bamboo curry,selrotee, Hutityang egg in local  forests and rivers as local medicine using red mud to comfort the sick persona from extreme heat in terai regions were the routine of daily lives.We just share ideas as team and involved in organic part of the herbs and wild fruits including local birds whose eggs were used as medicine in our local areas like local honey in forests.

We knew neuro saag was popular to everyone but I was surprised to see using local khole saag of Bhumahi river areas which we neglect as wild shurbs as main cuisine in New Delhi.I prepared with the saute of ginger ,garlic and onion paster using tomato puree to prepare the same khole saag of Bhumahi rivers and the dish was like by everyone at home.Even,Kalij also came to mind with the knock am I inclusive as cuisine of your kitchen where old mom prepares a lot of dishes for you ,a lazy bone like you knows many things and take selfies around me too.



No comments:

Post a Comment