Saturday 14 October 2017

Haunted Place in Dhakalthok,Panchamul,Syangja

My granny is in age of ninetees and her story of Dhakalthok remains a narration of  long term history of British Armies from Dhakaltok who went to United Kingdom and migrated there.Her story of nine children she had in bizzare places  is a never ending story ,she has four children now and they are healthy and her story of old village life make me curious.I remember a dog was killed by somebody for biting too much and I remember the corner and I still fear to visit there.

I remember my cousin with her husband used to narrate of experiences , they had their stay in village,they were educated and social to community so most of the youth and aged peopled shared them the stories and they even passed the stories to us.One of them was the story of dangerous place in Dhakalthok.During  midnight some people are seen doing some rituals in corner of Dhakalthok and I never wanted to visit Syangja again.

Dark aspect of truth is really interesting as it creates horror in our mind but the unseen part is very horrible in life and I fear to hear their conversation.But I saw a brother doing some rituals for his health and I felt very afraid.Being a part of such country where eighty percent citizens belong to village and agriculture based I remember my granny story how these farms in evening becomes a haunted place during midnight.

The story of Patimunte baa and my granny and their naag puja  for treatment of the patient still continues in telephonic conversation.I heard the calls at midnight where my granny and uncle informs the tenses of such horror experience in Dhakalthok.I heard some women in Jugle ,Syangja suggesting the treatment of Patimunte baa from Dhakalthok who has been serving the people since long time.My granny is a devotee and I also visit him with granny.

They say most haunted place in Dhakalthok is riverside where they cannot walk during midnight because the shadows disturb too much.My uncles start reciting hanuman chalisa for safety for crossing the river during midnight.The shadows in white dress performs certain ritual in fire and it is said they hear what we think of them.My sister informed all and still I fear too much during my snaps as I am dear to her since childhood and grew listening the stories of Dhakalthok.

I remember I was watching a paranormal story based by Indian Investigator in youtube who with equipment and night vision cameras try to explore different places but such task is not conducted in Dhakalthok although lots of European visit the areas of Dhakalthok but I never found a news about it so oral tradition of grandmothers of Dhakalthok has been a story to families and my attempt is to provide a flashback of my granny of 90 years who has no teeth at all and still reminds me many thing of this area.

I have gone to Bhakumle Dada many times with kids and Darau Deurali on foot during daytime but still nothing I saw ,I remember the green kharbaree and our forests at the back where we bring wood for cooking food and making furniture.Even bamboo shoot is collected during seasons but I never come out of home alone .

It was 1998 AD I saw one jharkree baa doing some rituals at home who was chasing the ghost with broom and many things.We are from mountain areas and believe in such rituals and try to copy them as routine.So,Dhakalthok has been a spot for me interesting stories of horror where they walk during nights ,dance in silence or darkness and nobody dares to visit riverside of Dhakalthok.The witch doctors called Dhami and Jhankri who are thought to possess a sort of supernatural power try to diagnose the patient through a ritual.People having any type of complications are diagnosed as being haunted by a ghost, or someone in the community has practiced the witchcraft on him or her. In almost all cases, the witch doctors declare these factors to be responsible for the illness.

Then there is a ritual to exercise the ghost from the patient's body. The witch doctors plays a drum called dhyangro and starts shivering, saying that God has taken over his body. He repeats a special mantra to cure them.

The tools used for the treatment are generally a rooster or even sometimes a black goat which is sacrificed for the ghost. He heavily beats the patient with a broom to exercise the ghost from the body. The method is sometimes deadly.

The Dhami heats an iron rod and burns the patient all over his or her body. Many patients are unable to survive this torture.  Then, through the supernatural power, the doctor tries to find the one casting the spells.I witnessed an event where the priest performed a ritual to cure his patient. Their priests are called Lamas, who are known for their mantras and treatment.

The priest asked the parents to bring some rice and he closed his eyes for a while. Then, he shivered all over saying that God has taken over his body. Then he asserted that the child was haunted by a ghost called Pichas. He warned that if not cured, the child can die. Then he asked for the broom and acted like he was sweeping all over the child's body. He asked his parent to gather pieces of red, black and yellow cloth with a piece of nail and hair from the child's body and throw it away in the place where the child was possessed. Then he suggested to the parents that if the child doesn't recover, the ghost needs something more.

If the ghosts are not satisfied, they will ask for blood and a rooster should be sacrificed. The lady who brought her son for treatment was quite sure that he was possessed by the ghost of a witch. After doing what the witch said, the child did recover and later the parents were urged to take him to the hospital.

I once asked a priest why they shiver during the treatment. He replied that generally something comes over their body and it is almost impossible to control they become unconscious. He claimed that priests had a kind of supernatural power to diagnose whether it is because of the witch or the ghost. He believed that the spell of the people who practice witchcraft can make people sick.

Sometimes people can be haunted by ghosts while walking during the dusk because unsatisfied ghosts are scattered everywhere. As they have practised the ritual for centuries, they are not even ready to believe the illness has some scientific explanation behind it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment