Sunday 22 October 2017

My Banana Flower Sabji


I love cooking fish items and with fish items I often prepare banana flower which I bring from CR Park Area of New Delhi during Saturday evening .The taste of banana flower,poi sag,fish and some pickle make my Sunday flavorful.The recipe of banana flower is inherited by my mom.

Ingredients:


  • One Banana Flower 
  • One big potato
  • 1 green Chilly
  • Chopped garlic
  • Chopped onion
  • Panch Foron ( It is a spice blend including  Cumin, Brown Mustard, Fenugreek, Nigella and Fennel)
  • Salt 
  • Termeric
  • Mustard oil.



Method:


  • Remove a few of the outer covers of the Koldil (banana flower) and chopped the lighter part of the whole Koldil
  • Peel and cut the potato in to cubes. 
  • Heat a deep pan on flame, add 2 spoons of mustard oil.
  • Add panch foron, chilly, onion and garlic to it. 
  • Add the banana flower and the potato almost immediately.
  • Now add salt and Turmeric. mix well. Cover and put the flame on low. Let it cook. Stir continuously for about 10 minutes 
  • Serve hot, with steam rice

No comments:

Post a Comment