Monday 13 July 2020

Remembering Bhanujayanti As A Human Being


I never gain the idea of brainstorming when I cope to iniate the role of language to define lingua franca or any terminolgy defined under the constructive and deconstructive hegemony to retire my laptop from his old version job called as Nepali Bhado.I know my granny calling me Lapha and bewakuf time to time and regular basic notifications  came she admired my bad manners of shouting loudly to her .Uff ,I got surprised she had headache because of my activities of carrying camera and speaking English like  a student who never reads a book at home.I begged my teachers with granny but could not secure good marks then I start surfing Nepali literature through google scholar and note down key words and bibilography to  annotate as links.

Bhanu Jayanti , the day is being celebrated across Nepal organising different programs. It is known that the role of language and literature is crucial for the prosperity of the nation. Bhanubhakta was born nearby, in 1814, into an educated Brahmin family of Tanahun District. He died there in 1868 after a productive literary life, much of it in Kathmandu.

As a boy and young man he was taught by Nepalese and Indian scholars of Sanskrit. During his life, besides being a householder and family man, he wrote poetry and translated Sanskrit texts. And though ‘Ghasi Kuwa’ is famous, his most notable accomplishment was translating the ancient Sanskrit epic, Ramayana, into colloquial Nepali. In so doing he established the basis for modern written Nepali. Bhanubhakta was successful in translating the story of the Ramayana into the Nepali language spoken by the people of his time. This language was largely free from the influence of Sanskrit or Urdu/Hindi. 

Bhanubhakta Acharya is revered and honoured with the title of Adikavi (The First-ever Poet) for the Nepali people of Nepal. Motiram Bhatta, first referred to him as Adikavi while writing Acharya's biography in 1981. He was the very first Nepali poem to every exist in Nepal but because he was the first poet to write in Nepali. He made Nepali a language that can be used in literature writing.

Anyway I do not want to disclose because my lack of concern can be problematic to write things worst about vividness because I believe in zero and uncertainity as attached marks to my notes in blogs.



1 comment: