Saturday 10 December 2016

Taro leaf


Karkala ko sabji has been my favorite ,specially my granny and my thulimom at grandma home always prepared the dishes out of it.Known as Taro leaf,Common name: Colocasia, Taro Leaf, Dasheen, Arbi Patta,botanical name: Colocasia antiquorum ,origin: SE Asia and India ,this curry or sbji is famous as masyaura at my grandma home.We all have masyaura regualry at winter and love the tasty food.We used lots of lentils,bhatmas and other ingredients to explore the exact flavor but my mom in law has been more busy to feed us more tasty food using the garam masala around her.Today when momma prepares the Taro leaf or karkala ko leaf I just enjoy my day.







I remember some aunts at Bhumahi Chowk gave lots of lesson how to prepare it using fresh green leaf as I was going to meet her to stich my Indian Anarkali suits but Syanja home was the best place ever to prepare masyaura regualry,I remember my thulimom with small child in lap prepared everyday and I just observed her labor to prepare it.I also ran around Machhhimarket ,New Delhi to buy this tasty food and enjoyed every Sunday.Every day ,I walk around Kirtipur Nayabajar and Tribhuvan University ,I realize the greenery of trees appeal me the beauty of nature and happiness of life,every brick of TU home gives me the sense of love and the streets around create magic in my life.My karkalo story,my grandma story,my Pokhara story,my Syangja story and Kathmandu Story is never ending.I just love my life ,taste the flavors around and enjoy every moments and sing the song ,Love you Jindagi.

No comments:

Post a Comment