Sunday 18 December 2016

Story of Jire Khursani,spicy green chilly at Maygyam Chisapani



My homemade pickle's collection: Aap ko achaar (mango pickle), mula ko achaar (radish pickle), golveda ko achaar ( cherry tomato pickle) and jire khursani ko achaar ( hot red chilli pickle) are in fridge and having them with Chapati or Paratha is a kind of easiest way of serving meals as snacks for day time or short time preparation for emergency guests.You love your television and tea to have pickles around to get the sour taste when you feel bored.This time I am not going to generate any sort of ideas through the pictures only ,I have to re/discuss about the taste of this spicy Chilly.









Story of Jire Khursani began in my life when I used to study in nursery classes.A small girl behind me used to call me and used to share with her mom the pickles around her.Her mom was the expert at home science and I was the kid to enjoy her company while having pickles.She always grilled the jire khursani with garlic and ginger and prepared the instant pickle for Chapati.I loved to copy her each activity and explore while playing with my kid kitchen set at home with the girl.We played with dolls about domestic life and pickle making process was the same for those dolls too.



This year I visited Magyam Chisapani and the lady at the home brought Jire Khursani of Pokhara lakeside and she grilled all the spices with this jire chilly and mashed the onion with salt ,I loved the taste of using lime too in the ready made onion flavored Salsa but the taste of Jire khursani was the most interesting flavor there.Again they permitted to prepare pamelo pickle next day and I prepared the paste of  garlic,ginger ,spices and this red chilly named Jire Khursani and gave a tadka of methi too after mixing curd.We had the pickle there together and this red chilly spice was the commanding taste used there.


Although our local grinder named used for preparing the pickles but I know value of this Silauta and lohoro also can not be neglected.The stone grinding flavor with chilly and salt using other known spices help you a lot to taste,experiment and prepare new dishes and your love story with grandma kitchen is continued till many years as you have your relatives around you prepare daily meals using the same methodology of traditional kitchen equipment introducing new items from Bhatbhateni,you try to fuse both modern and antique pieces to claim your ideas about home made items and your friends always occupy to response your hardworksat kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment