Sunday 18 December 2016

Rapakot journey on foot

When you ask the value of intenal tourism in Nepal,your turn the pages of Kantipur,you start reading informations in books and pamphalets by Nepal Tourism Board,Putalisadak and you keep on following Nepal Television a lot for the necessary details.All of the them give the different informations about local areas but to be part of local areas and enjoy the days different.When you yourself eat Rhedodendron with chuk,lime jam ,chilly and salt on a lake around or beside a river or do fishing in local rivers you realize you do many things you enjoy the day,the taste and the collected pieces in your skirts and sarees make you happy to show your mom.

Rapakot journey was not a new thing.We always walked from Helui to reach there,the way beside Arjun Chaupari Pool until you reach the destination is not so tough.It takes around one hour to reach Rapakot from Arjun Chaupari Syangja and local selrotee makes you more happy to enjoy as snacks.The food items around the stalls,the lodging facility,the riverside areas for fishing alone to kill the time and taste of oranges in the areas make you more happy.

We began our journey from Lamsal hotel ,Arjun Chaupari,Syangja,I followed my aunt to reach the village she wants,it was the time of winter ,uncle brought some fishes too from the local river ,we reached  to home ,it was a house with red mud,wood and local grass.It was our grandfathers home and our aunt lived there for a long time.We three with two kids sit around the fire inside the kitchen where she prepared the fish and rice with local butter .

Next day we started visiting everyone in Sirindada,the houses were places where my mom grew as small child,everyone greeted us cheerfully,I just enjoyed the water resource,it was a spring there and we took bath there.Aunt washed a lot of clothes there and brought all the clothes at home after drying them around.

Maya called me to have Pamelo there ,she made the pickle of it using curd and other spices available there and used local grinder named Silauto,I just loved the way she prepared all and we had the pickle on banana leaf,then we turned towards Rapakot School and Temple there .She started showing the lands of my granfather in Fulbari area of Rapakot and I realized the bamboos around the area are the speciality of Poudel home around.They were poudel as surname holder and were doing Kulpuja regualrly ,the use of goat in Kulpuja was a tradition there and we children had the prasad.My aunt was my childhood friend too although she was elder in age because in primary school she used to bring  local ginger pickle,chalta pickle ,local lime with jire khursani,the spice chilly pickle and radish pickle when I used to play with her sisters around.

After staying one month,I returned to Dhakalthok with her,we came on foot ,we travelled around Archaour School,had the local oranges and then we reached to Dhakal thok,My granny was waiting for me and we went to Rupa Di home because my bhenaju ,brother in law was there who shared his milk with me.I loved Gairikhoriya area and my one of the Phuphaju,with whom I clicked the pics in leisure.He gave me lots of gifts brought from abroad and I loved him for caring me lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment