Tuesday 6 December 2016

Theki

Theki bokna timro ghara auda ,timro baa
A traditional way of tethering butter out of curd in wooden canister in village "Theki".My granny always showed me butter and helped a lot to understand,i was dumb by nature ,fool at home,so called lazybone of family and relatives who was too much greedy of food and worked never.The days passed and many came to debate.Many old women began to shout ,~I asked do you bring theki in which we bring curd in marriage ceremony.They began laughing and I started learning how to arrange marriage ceremony for my brother in law. You are ainstein in look ,why so because your hair shows so,said the bestie nearby me.I started to worry,oh my god ,my journey around village became worthless.I was a joker with the coffee flavor and ran here and there.
Many years I wandered here and there to learn something about mohi parne theki but I learned nothing.Me and my cousins collected butter and spread around face to make the face shiny.Its obvious ,butter collected in Dhakalthok was so tasty and I had bad habits of having alone,my granny always ran after me and ~I just giggled at her.Anyway ,my granny with her theki and the song displayed about theki is same,i still sing the folk song about theki and dance with my kidz.
Ding Dong bell
Pussy in the well
Who put curd her in
The rhyme was played on my laptop and I just remember the friends around me ,we gave lot of speech having knowledge about knowing English to our friend circle but our children just presents clear gesture in English songs.My defination,redefination,narration,interpretation,internalization of language with reading,writing,speaking and listening worked nothing,my travelogue ,my diary,my facebook,my laptop,my google,iphones and every vehicle all in united voice sing a song of theki,a theki my grandfather made using the Salla wood and granny prepared with love ,the butter ,my patimunte thulobaa always sings the songs of horoscope ,taking the live music of snakes to depict the future with the blanket he has in his body,the marriage ceremony nearby Dahare Deurali village and pictures uploaded around are still with me,~i am singing the song of theki,my theki,your theki and we all who has theki of our granny.

No comments:

Post a Comment